Since then, we’ve basically been on a pureed diet, as I work my way through the many soup and smoothie recipes collected over the years. Out of all, this 10-Minute Curried Corn Soup is one of the best! The combination of spices, coconut milk and corn meld together to create a silky smooth, deep flavored, and oh-so healthy soup! The best part: it is blender, to saucepan, to table in 10 minutes, but tastes like it slow simmered all day!
- Corn- contains the phytochemicals lutein and zeaxanthin which both play a key role in eye health.
- Turmeric- contains curcumin, a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Inflammation in the body has been associated with many chronic diseases such as heart disease, Alzheimer’s, arthritis, depression, and some cancers.
- Curry powder- contains turmeric, which contains curcumin.
- Ground Coriander- this spice is from the seeds of the herb cilantro. It is loaded with powerful plant chemicals that have been shown to help with a myriad of health issues such as blood sugar, blood pressure regulation, digestion, and is even suggested to help with food borne illness.
- Cilantro- this fresh green herb, contains several antioxidants, essential minerals, and vitamin C.
- Harissa- is a paste made primarily of hot peppers, garlic, and coriander. The peppers contain capcaisin, a powerful phytochemical known to be an analgesic, and may play a protective role with cancers; garlic contains a whole bunch of positive plant chemicals and has been studied for potential anti-cancer effects, and possibly helps cholesterol levels in some.
16 ounce bag of frozen organic corn
2 ½ cups chicken broth
½ cup canned coconut milk
½ onion, cut in half
1 tsp coriander
½ tsp each: turmeric, salt, pepper, and curry powder
Harissa paste to taste
Olive oil to taste
Chopped cilantro to taste
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except harissa, oil and cilantro. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to saucepan and heat on medium until warm, about 6 minutes.
- To serve: drizzle oil, harissa and top with cilantro.