Other variations to consider:
- try toasting the shredded coconut for a different flavor
- instead of coconut, roll the balls in crushed peanuts or other crushed nuts
- chia, ground flax seed, hemp seed or sesame seeds would also be a fun coating to try
20 pitted dates
1 cup unsalted raw cashew halves
2 tsp coconut oil
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- In a food processor, combine dates, cashews and oil on low speed until paste/dough forms, about 1 minute.
- Spoon out about one tablespoon at a time and form into ball with hands.
- Roll formed ball into a plate of shredded coconut. Place on waxed paper and refrigerate until ready to eat.