There is a new BEAN on the block and the neighbors are talking! Every week, the Green BEAN delivery van rolls thru our neck-of-the-Lou dropping off green plastic bins brimming with healthy goodies. It’s like an ice cream truck for adults!
Green BEAN delivery currently serves several cities in Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and now Missouri (the Lou!) The delivery area in St. Louis is actually widespread, spanning far west, over the Missouri River, into Wentzville and Troy and stretching past the Mississippi River into Illinois cities such as Belleville, Edwardsville, Alton and Godfrey.
When I heard Green BEAN delivery started distributing organic produce, and local, artisanal products to St. Louis doorsteps, it seemed like a no-brainer to try them out, given that there is no long-term commitment and no sign up fee. The Cowie Clan became Green BEAN customers and we’ve been happy campers ever since.
Here are a few reasons why we are giddy over Green BEAN delivery:
1. Organic and local- the company’s goal is “to make healthy and sustainably grown local food affordable, accessible, and convenient to the Midwest communities we serve.” In fact, the B.E.A.N. in the name stands for Biodynamic, Education, Agriculture, andNutrition- now that’s what I’m talking about!
2. Orders can be customized- a couple of days before delivery, an email is sent with the next week’s contents. Anything not wanted can be swapped for another. Additional groceries can also be added to the bin.
3. Free delivery, to your door, and you don’t even have to be home! Most of us do enough driving around town so one less errand is a bonus!
4. The quality has been outstanding! Arm wrestling competitions have nearly broken out over who would get the last of the best tasting strawberries we have ever experienced.
5. Customer service is great and quick to respond to questions or comments.
6. Flexible- You can choose to order every week or every other week, and choose the size bin that fits your your family size and pocketbook.
7. It’s Fun! Even though I know ahead what is coming in the box, I love to open the box, take out all of the items and start to dream up the meals I will make with the contents.
8. Each item in the green bin is carefully packed with food safety in mind. Meat is sealed in zipped plastic bags and kept separate from the fresh produce. Nice-sized ice packs keep the bin contents chilled for hours.
The only thing that I personally would prefer is more local produce options. I am hopeful over time Green BEAN delivery will be able to expand their network of local producers in the St. Louis area.
Already a Green BEAN customer? Please share your stories- I would love to hear them!
Disclosure- all the opinions expressed are completely my own. Green BEAN offered me credit towards a weekly bin to write a review. Which I was happy to do…because we really do love Green BEAN delivery!