I there! I sure hope everyone is continuing to enjoy the holidays, and looking forward to the New Year! The holiday festivities continue here at the Lou with preparations for a New Year’s Eve party. But before we get into that, please help me congratulate Heather L. as the winner of “The Unforgettable Photograph”photography book! Thanks to everyone that participated. I have a couple of other giveaways in the queue, so be on the lookout in the coming months.
Now back to the party planning. Typically, my hubs and I are not big into jello shots- the hard alcohol makes them so strong they will, as my grandpa used to say, “put hair on your chest”.
But when I came across a version of jello shots using champagne, I was intrigued and wanted to give them a try. I personally prefer a nice Italian prosecco over champagne so that’s what I used to make these Peach and Prosecco Jello Shots. A little bubbly treat served in small plastic champagne glasses is a fun way to get the New Year party started.
So here’s a toast to you and wishing you all a very Happy New Year!
Peach and Prosecco Jello Shots (recipe adapted from jello shot queen,thatsomichelle.com)
1 bottle Prosecco (or champagne or Cava) (about 3 ½ cups)
4 envelopes Knox gelatin
4 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup peach schnapps
1. Spray cooking spray into mini champagne or plastic shot glasses.
2. Pour 2 cups Prosecco and 4 envelopes of gelatin into a medium sized saucepan. Let sit for 2 minutes (no heat yet). Turn on medium heat and stir until gelatin dissolves.
3. Add sugar and let dissolve. When liquid is at a low simmer turn off heat.
4. In a separate bowl pour 1 1/2 cups prosecco and 1/2 cup peach schnapps. Add hot prosecco gelatin mix. (4 cups total)
5. Allow to cool slightly then pour into mini champagne or plastic shot glasses.
6. Refrigerate overnight until ready to serve.