The week was HOT and sunny, perfect for beach time, surfing, swimming, and just plain relaxing. The first day on the island we stopped at a couple of nearby farmers markets to stock up. We snagged some gorgeous tomatoes, a bunch of basil, a few small eggplant, a bottle of local honey, and of course, lots of peaches!
5-6 fresh peaches
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 ½ Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 refrigerated pie crust
⅓ cup pecans
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup oats
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut peaches into 1 inch pieces and place in medium sized bowl. Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with honey. Allow to sit for at least 2 hours to draw out juices.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together cornstarch and peach mixture. Heat on low and stir until thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- In a food processor, pulse together pecans, brown sugar, butter and oats.
- Roll out pie crust; with the top of a glass, cut out 3 inch circles. Gently press pie circles into muffin tins to create the personal pie crusts.
- Spoon peach mixture into muffin tins, sprinkle pecan topping on top of each personal pie and bake in 350 oven for about 25 minutes until personal pies are golden brown.