I recently purchased a head of cauliflower bigger than a bowling ball. It reminded me of the pictures you see of the blue ribbon winning gigantic squash in a state fair competition. It was an enormous beauty and I knew I had to do something special with it.
Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan, Almond and Panko Topping is a lovely side dish with a mellowness and simplicity of roasted cauliflower in a bit of olive oil and Parmesan. But what makes this dish special is the added crunchy topping with garlic, almonds and panko. In fact, this topping is yummy enough to serve over fish, mashed potatoes, or atop steamed green beans.
Before you go...There is still time to enter the GIVEAWAY for the newly released "America's Favorite Food" cookbook. Check out my last blog post (by scrolling down or by clicking here) to enter.
Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan, Almond and Panko Topping
- 1 large head cauliflower (Veggie Boy Produce, Benton, IL)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. salted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Rinse and cut cauliflower into small pieces.
- Drizzle olive oil over cauliflower and sprinkle on cheese.
- Roast in 425 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in skillet, saute minced garlic for about 1 minute.
- Turn heat to low, stir in almonds and breadcrumbs, cook until golden brown.
- Sprinkle almond breadcrumb mixture over roasted cauliflower to serve.