Sometimes the simplest things in life are the sweetest. A smile from a stranger…a compliment from a co-worker…
Simple recipes are certainly sweet as well, especially during the holidays when time is a precious commodity.
These Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Clementines were a hit at last night’s Ladies Ornament Exchange party. They are bite-sized and relatively healthy, at least compared to many of the other treats covering our counter these days. And they can be assembled in less than 10 minutes- yesss!!
Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Clementines (as seen at thecomfortofcooking.com)
1/2 bag (5 ounces) of Ghirardelli 60% cacao baking chips
1. Peel and segment clementines removing all of the stringy white stuff (pith right?)
2. Microwave chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl stirring every 15 seconds. It took about 1 min, 15 sec for mine to completely melt.
3. Dip each clementine segment into melted chocolate.
4. Place on baking sheet lined with wax paper.
5. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt (fleur de sel would be the best but I simply could not find anywhere!)
6. Allow to cool before serving.