After sitting down for a slice, my son asked me, “Mom, this is awesome! Will you make this bread again?” A mistake moment turned keeper.
¾3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp. Baking powder
½1/2 tsp. Baking soda
¼1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2½ tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbsp. almond milk (I used vanilla flavored)
2 Tbsp chia seeds
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup coconut oil
¼1/2 cup walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, combine chia seeds with almond milk and allow to sit for about 10 minutes to allow chia seeds to gel.
- Add bananas and coconut oil to the flour mixture,. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed for two minutes. Add chia/milk mixture and beat until blended. Stir in nuts.
- Pour batter in greased loaf pan, bake in heated oven for 45-50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.